Thursday, May 23, 2013

Almost Done for the Year....and WHAT a Year it has Been!

This has been a very good year school-wise. My daughters have worked harder than ever before. However, the past few months we have had nothing but upheaval and interruptions in our lives, so it has been a real struggle to reach our end-of-year-goals. Normally we finish our year by the end of April. Here it is the end of May, and we have about 2 weeks left.

Colleen has 13 days left to reach the midterm of Algebra. She has 3 chapters left in Literature. Today will be the last day of Geography; she will do her test for Pace 5 this morning, and be done till fall. Originally, we had planned to complete 6 paces, to be exactly halfway through the course, but with everything going on the past 3 months, we just didn't make it.

Emily has about 9 days left to be halfway through her spelling book, and 7 days left to complete chapter 4 in 5th grade math. She has 3 days left in 5th grade science.

Technically, both girls are several months into the grades they normally would be starting NEXT year, but because we haven't finished our take-a-break-for-summer goals yet, I feel behind. They both have also begun softball practice about a month ago. Games begin in 2 weeks.

Since I've been too busy to keep up with my blog this semester, I will briefly explain why. January brought my dear father-in-law's unexpected death. February and March were taken up with me going to a myriad of doctor's appointments and lab tests. I went to the doctor more in 4 weeks than I've been in 10 years, since i was expecting Emily! March also brought us a litter of 5 kittens, which we were all blessed to be able to witness their birth. In April baby Brendan was hospitalized for 6 days, and had surgery. He is doing well now. Also in April, my ex-husband came to stay with us for a month. That, in and of itself, was a MAJOR disruption in our lives, but we appreciate all the hard work he did around here to help me out and make improvements on my house. It seems there have been things that come up every, single day, but we keep muddling through. Also, as I said, we have softball practice 5 out of 7 days of the week, Colleen still works at the animal shelter at least once a week, and as soon as we finish her school she will be back to 2 days weekly. There are also my ongoing marital issues, which I never speak of here, but add a huge amount of daily stress.

With so many things happening, my pain levels seemingly increasing by the day, and the stress in my personal life, it is all I can do to make it through school days. But the girls and their education are my top priority, and as I said, we keep muddling through. : )

No comments: